The admission authority is:
Swindon Borough Council
Tel 01793 465790
Our current published admission number (PAN) is 90 places in each year group for the Infants School.
Our current published admission number (PAN) is 100 places in each year group for the Junior School.
If you are looking to apply for Grange Infants School and Grange Junior School for your children, then we would welcome you to come and visit the school beforehand. Please contact Infants school office on 01793 822357 or Junior school office on 01793 822405 to arrange a visit.
Children are able to start school in September of the academic year in which they reach their fifth birthday. Applications are processed by the local authority admissions team. Information about admissions can be found at: www.swindon.gov.uk/primaryschoolplaces
School Admissions for children entering Year 3 and Year 7 are also carried out by Swindon Borough Council.
To get your child ready for school and their new environment, you could:
- Allow your child to become familiar with the school by walking past it. If you visit the school for any reason bring your child along with you
- Encourage your child to try to dress and undress themselves without help
- Get them to use a knife and fork
- Encourage them to independently use the toilet and wash their hands
- Encourage them to be apart from you for short periods of time with relatives and neighbours and at playgroup
- Talk to them, listen to them and play with them
- Read/share books together
- Sing number and nursery rhymes